Dementia set to be the biggest killer of men by 2020September 12, 2018
Registered Nurse Day / Night DutyOctober 3, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION – ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR
Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator
Reporting To: Home Manager
Job Purpose: To plan and implement activities appropriate to Service User’s needs and requests. To organise fund raising events.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/ activities for Service Users in all Service User categories.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Friendly, creative and confident
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service User group
- Satisfactory DBS Check
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
- Qualification in remedial/ occupational therapies
- Flexible approach towards working routines to suit Service users needs
- Help Service Users to socialise within the Home and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling/ individual programmes and encourage clients to maintain pre-existing hobbies, stimulating them both physically and mentally.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Home’s activities.
- Accompany clients, where possible, to off-site activities which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual clients within the Home.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation and assist the named carer to review and update client care files with Service Users’ participation.
- Provide weekly time tables to ensure Service users are aware of events taking place.
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff Members.
- Report any changes in Service Users’ physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager or RGN in charge.
- Provide comfort and company on a one to one basis for clients who are unable to undertake any form of activity, organise one to one sessions with every Service User on a monthly basis.
- Arrange/ participate in Staff and Service User meetings as and when required.
- Assist the Home Manager in all activities.
- Actively market the Home and promote a positive personal/ professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Home at all times.
Training and Development
- Ensure all Staff Members know how to use appropriate equipment.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses on or off site as and when required.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competencies
Health and Safety
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Service User, colleague, self or another.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Home’s Health and Safety Policy and Emergency and Fire Procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager or the Handy person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice in the Home.
- Have a duty to whistle blow if bad practice or harm to a Service User in the Home is witnessed.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manger, or the Nurse in charge as soon as possible of your inability to work and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The Home reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with the Home, the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.